Monday, December 29, 2008

Friendship: David Ryan Harris & Guy Sebastian & John Mayer

Excerpt from a David Ryan Harris interview about John Mayer and Guy Sebastian !

• The latest with him: “I’ve just been out on the road with [fellow one-time Atlantan John Mayer]. I plan to spend the early part of fall writing and recording a new record for spring. I’m still doing the writing/producing thing during the time I’ve had off touring with John. Nothing really spectacular. It would be really easy to hit me with a dart right now.”

The most recent thing he’s learned about John Mayer: “You know, it’s just been really cool to see him mature, along with this band, this unit,” he says of his friend of almost a decade. (Mayer plays Aug. 29 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park.) “There’s just a quiet confidence.”

And what about the tabloid chatter surrounding his buddy of late? “Well, another friend of mine who won, like, the first ‘Australian Idol,’ it’s kind of like the same thing. I don’t know him as that. I only know him as my friend Guy [Sebastian]. So when I hang out with him in Sydney, I almost get a little freaked out when we can’t walk from one block to the next block without the whole tabloid superstar thing. I forget. Same thing with John. It’s surprising.”

full interview:

Source: http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/content/music/stories/2008/08/26/atlanta_music_insider.html


1 comment:

Aola said...

That article refers to a concert coming up in August. I suppose when the interview was done they wouldn't have known the 3 of them would end up in a recording studio together in November. Cool.