Friday, October 31, 2008

2008 Aria Awards announce Guy Sebastian as the Highest Selling Male Artist


The Memphis Album is the Highest Selling album for a male Artist in Australia in 2008!

Congratulations Guy!

Early in 2007, Guy Sebastian traveled to the home of blues, roots and soul - Memphis, Tennessee - to record his latest creative masterpiece ‘The Memphis Album’ - arguably the most perfect fit yet for Guy’s extraordinary talent.

Delving into the tumultuous past of gospel and rhythm and blues sounds which originated on the banks of the Mississippi River in the 1950s and 1960s, Guy has resurrected soul classics such as ‘In The Midnight Hour’, ‘Knock On Wood’, ‘Respect Yourself’ and ‘(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay’ backed by an extraordinary calibre of musicianship including band members from The MGs and the Blues Brothers band – many of whom wrote and recorded with the likes of Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Al Green and Wilson.

“I grew up with these songs, I had a taste for them when I was really young,” says Guy. “I guess for me, doing a concept album… I just wanted to bring a modern take on the songs and yet remain true to the songs and retain an old school feel… This album just reminded me that this is who I am…”

you can listen to these classic Memphis tracks here:

Listen to THE MEMPHIS ALBUM

The Memphis Album is due for global release in 2009!

No comments: